Brittany A. Bonetti, a partner with Cooper Levenson, will speak at a seminar presented by the New Jersey State Bar Association Cannabis Law Special Committee in cooperation with the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) on Wed., Oct. 25 at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick, N.J.
Panelists will provide a review of New Jersey’s expanding cannabis industry and related litigation, practical guidance regarding cannabis business operations, an overview of legalities and legislative developments regarding psychedelics, and a primer about general legislative and lobbying tactics and strategies. The program:
- 1:00 – Welcome and Overview of Topics – Sarah Trent, Esq.; Daniel T. McKillop, Esq.; Michael F. Schaff, Esq.
- 1:10 – New Jersey Cannabis Regulations Two Years In: The Sticky and the Icky – Duncan Delano, Esq.;Lisa Gora, Esq.; Mollie Hartman Lustig, Esq.; Fruqan Mouzan, Esq.
- Two years after regulations were adopted, what needs to be changed?
- Ownership transfer strategies and methods
- Wholesaler and Distributor license applications
- 2:10 – Helping Your Client Manage Dispensary Finances– Sean Kennedy; Suzan Nickelson; Sarah Trent, Esq.
- How to avoid costly mistakes once you start to operate
- 2:45 – Municipal Litigation Update – Joshua S. Bauchner, Esq.; Brittany A. Bonetti, Esq.; Ronald P. Mondello, Esq.
- A review of recent case law
- 3:15 – Up Next: Psychedelics – Daniel T. McKillop, Esq.; Joseph Shapiro, Esq.; David White, Esq.
- The history, uses, federal and state legal status, and “why” of psychedelics and related legislative reform
- 4:00 – Legislative Updates and Commentary – Beau W. Huch, Esq.
- Pending legislation and related discussions in Trenton, commentary regarding each bill, and practical considerations for applicants/operators
- 4:30 – Q&A and Panel Wrap Up
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.5 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 4.5).|
|NY CLE:||NY Professional Practice Transitional: 4.5|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 3.5|
$16.00 fee – payment is required for PACLE credits, and can be made when registering for this program or when submitting your CLE form