New Restraint and Seclusion Law signed by Governor Christie January 16, 2018 TAKES EFFECT IMMEDIATELY!
- L. 2017, c. 291
- Applies to students with disabilities in school districts
- Defines “physical restraint,” “seclusion,” and “time-out”
- Develops guidelines for use of restraints and seclusion
- Requires specific notification procedures and timelines to parents
- Mandates annual employee training
For more information about how this new law affects your district or recommendations regarding policies, procedures and training to ensure compliance, please contact our Education Department attorneys at Cooper Levenson.